The Lanhydrock Cycle Trail
Part of The National Trust
Green (easy) grade trail
Lodge trail – 2.5km (1 ½ miles) 15-30mins – This gentle ride takes you deep into little explored woodland on the estate. Suitable for families and beginners the trail is wide, well surfaced and has no challenging technical features. This trail is also suitable for trailers, tagalongs and disability bikes.
Blue (moderate) grade trails
- Bazley’s trail – 3km (2 miles) – with easy technical features.
- Walter’s trail – 1km (2/3 mile) – short technical single track – moderate gradients.
- Hart trail – 1.5km (1 mile) – exciting single track – moderate gradients.
- Timber trail – 1.5km (1 mile) – some short optional red grade sections.
- Red (difficult) grade trails
Red (difficult) grade trails
The Saw Pit – 500m (1/3 mile) 5mins – Packed full of technical features and favouring skill over speed, the two Saw Pit trails are a great place to develop your trail riding skills. The trails head downhill alongside each other, allowing you and a friend to ride side-by-side and push your limits.
There is cycle hire for all ages and abilities and you can hire for a half or a full day. Helmets are free when hiring a bike. We are open every day 9.30am-5pm. Last cycle hire at 3pm. Booking in advance is essential during school holidays.
You’re sure to build up an appetite with all this exercise so pop into the friendly Park Café, which is situated near the car park, where you’ll find a range of hot food, snacks and drinks.